THOR PRE-CONCENTRATOR, OUR SOLUTION TO REDUCE CONSUMPTION
In recent years, it is increasingly requested to install pre-evaporation systems with mechanical vapour compression, to dramatically reduce energy consumption, both in terms of steam and power. Ing. A. Rossi, already capable to produce combined cycle systems (forced and falling film), has also studied and produced the THOR pre-concentrator in multiple copies and sizes designed according to the highest standards and capable of improving the finished product quality.
THOR, IDEAL IN THE TOMATO INDUSTRY
This technology has been specifically developed by Ing. A. Rossi to pre-concentrate a wide range of products having a intermediate viscosity difficult with fiber content and solid particles which have a moderate tendency to sediment on the exchanging pipes. THOR is widely used in the tomato industry, to concentrate natural tomato juice up to 10-12° Brix. The product obtained can be further concentrated in a forced circulation evaporators, or it can be used for the tomato puree production, as topping for peeled or diced and chopped tomatoes.
Thanks to its modular concept, the THOR pre-concentrator is able to cover a wide range of evaporation capacity, from 3 Ton/h up to 100 tons/h of evaporated water.
THE ADVANTAGES OF THOR PRE-EVAPORATOR
THOR is characterised with the following advantages:
- 24H warranty for the entire tomato working season with semi-concentrated production of both for Cold and Hot Break;
- High flexibility in the independent regulation of the evaporation capacity and of the juice inlet flow;
- Delicate evaporation due to reduced temperature difference between the heating steams and the product;
- Dwell time period highly reduced;
- Machine in automatically stand-by mode without the need to replace the inlet product with water;
- Easy transport of each evaporation module and reduced installation time at the Client's site;
- Modest civil works to be carried out;
- Possibility to visually monitor the operating parameters of each stage of the evaporation process.
MECHANICAL VAPOUR RECOMPRESSION: WITH A 360° SAVING
The THOR pre-concentrator has Mechanical Vapour Recompression (MVR). This technologically advanced device minimises the amount of steam required for its operation, thus allowing a significant savings in operating costs, a lower environmental impact and a reduction in the water requirements for the condenser.
The MVR involves the use of a centrifugal compressor driven by an external source of mechanical energy. This technology can enable to achieve a null consumption of heating steam with exceptional results in terms of savings, and it is often installed in conjunction with a steam turbine which drives the compressor and discharges low-pressure steam used at other points of the plant.