Product/Application: Peeled tomato and pulp
Description of process/machine. The vacuum peeling system includes an elevator providing access to a star valve which feeds the product . The tomato is then conveyed by a screw conveyor to a second star valve for vacuum blanching. Remaining in the vacuum section, a second screw conveyor transports the peeled tomatoes to the final star valve, which deposits the product on the belt for transfer to the subsequent stages of the process.
• Product feed star valve: the bronze sealing bars are easily removed by simply unscrewing one of the side plugs, without having to remove the entire cover. In addition, the valve consists of a cylinder on the surface of which (on one side) there are two flanged fittings for recovering the steam discharged from the blanching section and transferring it to a special chamber.
• The feed screw is designed to reduce the stress on the product as it falls into the container, thus preserving the raw material’s original characteristics as far as possible.
• Vacuum formation, with stainless steel tube bundle condensers. The vacuum is generated by two high capacity liquid-ring pumps.
• The frame is made of heavy duty stainless steel tubing.
• An automatic condenser flushing system can be added as an option. A series of electro-pneumatic actuators mounted on the peeler's water/vacuum circuit ball valves, controlled directly by the PLC, makes it possible to program the number and duration of the washing cycles.