Extraction and enzymatic deactivation
SEPARATE PEELS AND SEEDS WITH HOT EXTRACTION
After the Hot Break and Cold Break enzymatic deactivation operations, it is necessary to separate the peels and seeds from the juice for concentration. Ing. A. Rossi offers a refined technology with over 60 years of experience, with different solutions depending on the requested capacities.
The Eureka turbo extractors for the hot extraction we work with have the following characteristics:
- Single or double body with independent drive controlled by inverters;
- Sieves of different sizes easily and quickly replaceable;
- Removable paddles to allow an easy and economic replacement;
- The distance between the paddles and the modifiable sieve with a simple adjustment also when machine is operating;
- Automatisms for washing operations at regular intervals preset by water injections.
COLD EXTRACTION FOR HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS
In case it is necessary to obtain high quality and natural fruit or vegetable puree, Ing. A. Rossi offers alternatively to traditional hot extraction, a cold extraction to put before the enzymatic deactivation in the processing stages.
To ensure the maximum yield of the product, the cold extraction process consists of three different stages of chopping, separation and extraction. The fruit passes through a system so it simplifies the breaking of the pulp and the separation from the stones and finally arrives to the pulper where the peel, seeds and stones are removed.
All of extraction stages take place in a controlled environment, in order to avoid degradation of the product characteristics for the premature oxidation caused by the contact with oxygen.
HOT BREAK TREATMENT FOR TOMATO PROCESSING
The Hot Break treatment allows, thanks to the high temperatures reached (above 90°C), to stop the activity of the pectolytic enzymes responsible for the hydrolysis of the polysaccharides constituting the fruit structure and the resulting separation of the pulp from the serum.
The products treated with HB technology can be used, thanks to the high consistence of the juice thus obtained (in terms of Bostwick and the blotter), for the product production such as ketchup or pizza sauce.
HOT BREAK TREATMENT FOR FRUIT PROCESSING
Given the particularly sensitive nature of the fruit puree, such as apples, pears, peaches and apricots, Ing. A. Rossi has developed a technology in order to stop the activity of enzymes naturally contained in fruit and responsible for their structural disintegration.
The fruit HB groups with shorter high temperature permanence times thanks to holding pipes with lower volume. In this way the lower ratio between the circulating product and the inlet product reduces the thermal shock suffered by the pulp, allowing a more gradual transition to final temperatures, avoiding degradation in colour and taste.
COLD BREAK TREATMENT TO EXALT COLOR AND TASTE
To obtain a good yield of extraction with delicate thermal conditions, the Cold Break treatment limits the temperatures reached to values generally ranging between 65° C and 73° C, in order to improve the preservation of colour and taste. By breaking the actual enzymatic inactivation, the product thus obtained is less viscous than a Hot Break product.
Differently from the HB process, in the Cold Break process, the product goes through the exchanging pipes without recirculating in the holding pipes, in order to obtain a more gradual temperature increase and further minimize the juice exposure to thermal shocks.
Ing. A. Rossi makes use of extensive processing for your product, adapting to your requirements and responding to specific needs.
- IN LINE SHREDDERS OR HAMMER MILLS CHOPPERS
- The in line shredder allows a rough chopping of the product, coarse or very fine, using different types of grilles. The product has easy access to the grilles, in order to facilitate the thermal exchange in the following stage of enzymatic deactivation, whether Cold Break Hot Break type. Another advantage of those choppers is that any grass filament escaped from the sorting inspections is chopped in order to prevent a partial or complete obstruction of the CB and HB groups exchanging pipes. The in line shredders are used for tomatoes and for some fruits without stones.
- The floating hammer mills choppers of Ing. A. Rossi allow the treatment of apples, pears, carrots or peppers; fruits and vegetables, for which, immediately after the sorting stage, it is necessary to chop the product in order to allow the following processing operations.
- They are necessary to obtain turbid or clarified juices from fruits such as apple.
- DESTONER MACHINES AND STONE BRUSHING MACHINES BOTH WITH ROLLERS
- For fruit such as peaches, plums, apricots or mango, for which it is necessary to separate the pulp from the stone and to recuperate the pulp that inevitably remains attached to it during the first separation stage.
- CENTRIFUGATION GROUPS, DECANTERS, ENZYMATIC TREATMENT AND FILTRATION
- Process accessories necessary for obtaining specific turbid and clarified fruit juices.
- PEELING AND DICING
- Required in case where the desired product is made from peeled or diced tomatoes.